Hi again friends! Since I recently shared a photo of my DIY wood bead garland in our coastal farmhouse dining room, here is a quick tutorial. There are so many ways you can style bead garlands around your home, and making your own is inexpensive and easy!
This is so basic that a toddler could do it, and actually, Bug loved helping me with this project. His little boy fingers were just coordinated enough to slip the beads onto the string, and now he loves looking at the garland and counting the beads. The way he says “One, tyouuu, threeee…” just melts my heart these days! But anyway, on to the tutorial 😉
This post contains affiliate links. To read my full disclosure policy, click here.
DIY Wood Bead Garland Supplies:
- Wood beads: I used these 20mm beads from Amazon.
- String: really anything will do! I used this cotton twine.
DIY Wood Bead Garland Directions:
- String the beads right onto your ball of twine, that way you do not need to worry about the length.
- Once you have added all of your beads, cut the twine, leaving a few extra inches on each end.
- Knot the ends of your twine. I created a few simple knots on top of one another to prevent the beads from sliding off, then trimmed the ends of the twine. If you are making a longer garland to hang on a wall or mantle, you could create loops at the ends of your twine for hanging.
Using all thirty of the 20mm beads, my garland turned out to be about 23 inches long. Bead garlands look lovely draped over books, looped around a vase, or styled on a tray. I like the simple look of this natural wood bead garland, but you could also paint your beads, or add tassles or charms for adornment.
And that is it, my friends! Such a simple little DIY, but I’m very pleased with the result. I hope you enjoyed this decor tutorial; keep checking back for more soon! Have a bright day,